Specialist Executive, Cloud Engineering at Deloitte
March 2019 - Present
I work with our engineers and product teams to; Adopt cloud native technologies,
drive cultural change, solve client delivery issues, and speed up the delivery of
business value. We focus on quality, well architected solutions, that automate business
process and eliminate waste.
Director, Cloud Advocacy and Innovation at 2nd Watch
April 2017 - February 2019
Cloud Advocates are expert engineers and developers who are passionate about
cloud technologies. They are vocal proponents in the cloud community at large
and internally within 2nd Watch. Our goal is to increase awareness, mindshare,
and adoption of cloud native technologies, best practices, and product
offerings. Advocates accomplish this by creating impactful and relevant content
(blogs, presentations, demos, etc), engaging with communities (developers,
engineers, customer etc), as well as cloud enablement engagements. Our goal is
to kickstart new product offerings, drive feedback into the product teams, and
gather data to improve our offerings. Advocates work closely with Product
Management, Cloud Enablement, and Engineering teams. In this way, Advocates help
drive strategy around Customer, Engineer, and Developer Relations.
Sr. Product Manager at 2nd Watch
March 2016 - April 2017
Technical product lead for Internal Automation efforts. The internal automation
team at 2nd Watch creates robust solutions leveraging a wide variety of
cloud-native technologies. We write software to automate business process so our
colleagues can concentrate on delivering value in a meaningful way.
Cloud Architect at 2nd Watch
August 2014 - March 2016 (1 year 7 months)
- Owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects.
- Developing a deep expertise in AWS technologies.
- Being subject matter expert and taking on a consultative role as it pertains to cloud adoption.
- Ensure that our applications and infrastructure are designed and implemented to the highest security standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust
- Evangelize security within 2nd Watch and be an advocate for keeping customer information secure - Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
Director Of Information Technology at RightAction
December 2013 - August 2014 (8 months)
- Manage IT infrastructure from top down for three individual companies in a shared space.
- Assist engineering with deployment strategies on product with over 55 million DAUs.
- Budget planning and allocation.
- Cisco Network Administration and Security.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Facilitate and oversee the creation of new locations worldwide.
- Investigate new technologies that allow for greater productivity in the workplace.
- Implement and administer policies and procedures for inventory tracking and management.
Operations Engineer at Tamman Technologies Inc.
March 2013 - December 2013 (9 months)
- Rails development and Application deployment
- System automation and configuration via Boxen and Puppet
- Server Administration in VmWare and AWS environments
- Network Administration with Cisco and open source PFsense-based hardware
System Engineer at Tamman Technologies Inc.
November 2012 - March 2013 (4 months)
- Implement Virtual Solutions with VMware ESXI and VMware vSphere solutions - End user support for industry standard applications on OS X
- Design and implement small to medium sized business infrastructure
- Remote Support for OS X and Windows-based systems
Hardware Engineer at Apple
July 2010 - November 2012 (2 years 4 months)
- Responsible for deployment, imaging, and management of Apple-owned systems
- Research and identification of repair patterns in hardware and reporting to Apple engineers
- Network administration, systems administration, mentoring, and solutions engineering
- Creation and maintenance of in-house tools and diagnostic images created in OS X Server and deployed through NetRestore or DeployStudio